Tired of the ugly-looking trap-way on your toilet? Want to get rid of it but don’t know how? Well, you can do so with the best skirted toilet.
Seriously, they look sleek and ultra-convenient. You won’t have to hide the trapway with paint or covers. Just install the toilet, and it will have the internal drain hidden – making your bathroom look more stylish and neat.
But with so many skirted toilet options in the market, picking the right one can be horrendously tricky. So we decided to save some of your time and effort with this guide.
You’ll learn about the best models from Kohler, Toto, American Standard, and Woodbridge, as well as how to pick the ideal toilet depending on its features.
Are you ready to tackle all this information? Then keep reading!
8 Best Skirted Toilets For the Money
While there were hundreds of skirted toilets worth considering, we couldn’t pick so many. So we chose only the best among the best. We were left with only 8 models that fit our standards. Then, we reviewed each one. Here’s what we found about them:
1. WOODBRIDGE T-0019 Elongated Toilet with Soft Closing Seat
Not only you get a concealed trapway with this toilet, but an efficient flush system that makes it super-convenient.
The luxury design boasts a one-piece toilet, sleek-looking, and modern. You won’t have any problem fitting this piece with any decoration. And you can add the different color options, going from Black to Cotton White and even a Greyish White.
Another advantage of the design is superb comfort. You can sit comfortably on the elongated seat that also offers the ideal height to sit & stand with no problems. The seat closes softly as well, which makes it an even better choice.
All of that matches well with the easy-to-clean design. Getting rid of dust, dirt, or any stain will be a piece of cake – no matter what you use.
Lastly, you can consider the strong flushing system with the siphon. It is fully-glazed for an extra-quiet operation, making it one of the most practical toilets you can get.
Coming with all these features together make it a magnificent skirted toilet for your bathroom – something you won’t regret buying.
- Gorgeous & sleek design
- Simple & classical cotton white color
- Small yet comfortable elongated seat
- Highly convenient design for easy cleaning
- Super-effective flushing system
- Quiet soft-closing seat & flushing
2. American Standard 2988101.020 Cadet 3 Toilet
Few brands can manage the quality and overall resilience of an American Standard skirted toilet. That’s why we couldn’t leave the Cadet 3 toilet outside.
It is one of the smoothest options in the market, with a concealed trap-way that hides all the curves & tubing from the drain. Along with its sleek appearance, this makes it super easy to clean and ensures a more enticing style – so you can make it work with a wide array of decorations.
The toilet boasts a classical style with its white porcelain. Yet, it stands out for the stain and odor-free material that ensures a cleaner and more enjoyable experience in your bathroom.
Something that you will truly love will be the FloWise technology. You can save water with every flush, especially with the 1.28-gallons of flush capacity. That’s way more efficient than most other toilets that use up to 1.6 gallons per flush.
At the same time, you can enjoy the Power Wash rim system that cleans the bowl with every flush. And considering the 2.125-inches fully-glazed trap-way and the 3-inches flush-valve size – then every flush will get rid of the waste super effectively.
Last but not least, you’ll enjoy a soft-closing seat with a comfortable contour. This toilet will feel pretty comfy so you can do your thing without a single pinch of pain or unbalance.
- High-quality porcelain for less stain & odor
- Classical style fits all kinds of decorations
- Superb FloWise technology for efficiency
- Quiet & potent flush with large trap-way & valve
- Unique Power Wash rim for a cleaner bowl
- Comfy seat with soft-closing lid
3. Woodbridge B0941 Modern Toilet with Soft Closing Seat
Boasting a super-enticing black color, the Woodbridge B0941 is a modern toilet for those who want superb style in their bathroom.
It comes with a luxury-like design, totally sleek-looking, and with a super-smooth surface for everyone to enjoy. Concealing the trap-way completely, this toilet will make your bathroom experience a lot more enjoyable and comfortable than any other toilet in the market.
This comes alongside the comfort-height design. It has the proper height so you can sit and stand up as comfortably as you can, especially with the soft-closing lid/seat so you won’t have to make any sound.
At the same time, you can enjoy a quality product all around. It delivers a high-quality porcelain build, a stainless steel hinge on the lid, and a reliable flushing system with dual valves.
All of that matches well with the powerful flushing system. Using a high-end siphon design with a fully-glazed build, you can enjoy an effective flush that gets rid of all the waste without making much noise. That’s enough to enjoy a super pleasant bathroom experience every time.
For those who want comfort, good looks, and a powerful yet quiet flush – the B0941 from Woodbridge will come like a gem.
- The gorgeous black color with a smooth surface
- Dual-flush system for effectiveness
- High-quality porcelain & steel hinges
- Next-level siphon increases flush power
- Fully-glazed trap-way reduces flush noise
- Comfort-height design for easy use
4. Toto CST474CEFGNo.01 Vespin II High-Efficiency Toilet
Getting a Toto skirted toilet will ensure an excellent experience from the first use. All thanks to the unique engineering, quality construction, and exceptional flushing it offers.
For example, you get a Double Cyclone flushing system. You can flush with only 1.28 GPF that saves water while getting rid of all the waste in the process.
At the same time, it boasts an elongated front bowl. It is one of the most comfortable in the market, so you can sit on it without any issue.
This seat goes well with the tank. It is a sleek and simple design that adds to the sleekness of the piece. With a high-profile shape, it matches with most bathroom decorations with ease.
Despite that, the real design feat to consider would be the skirted trap-way. With the universal height and chrome-tip lever – you can enjoy one of the most stylish toilets in the market.
And that’s without even mentioning the SanaGloss ceramic glaze. Not only does it add a shiny finish to the whole toilet, but it also ensures an easy-to-clean toilet that prevents mold, debris, and waste from sticking.
Finally, you can add the 12-inches Uni-Fit setup system, making it a piece of cake to install. You won’t have a single issue with this toilet from day one until it wears away in decades.
- Small & comfy two-piece design
- Universal height system makes it easy to use
- Stylish skirted trap-way with chrome-tip lever
- Superb SanaGloss ceramic glaze prevents stains
- Top-notch flushing system for efficiency
- Easy-to-install with Uni-Fit feature
5. Swiss Madison SM-1T254 St. Tropez Toilet
Not many people tend to consider Swiss Madison for their toilets – and that’s a huge pity. Because this brand takes design & performance as the most critical features, you can expect it to make exceptional toilets every time.
The St. Tropez is a perfect example of what Swiss Madison can offer. With its concealed trap-way and sleek design, it can make even the simplest of bathrooms look a lot better. Especially with such a shiny white color that feels so attractive to the sight.
Still, the trap-way ensures maximum cleaning results. You won’t have to get deep to clean it well enough. And with the elongated bowl, you can clean it effortlessly inside as well.
This goes well with the matte chrome hinges on the seat. Not only can you expect it to close softly, but also take it out if necessary for a deep clean.
At the same time, you will enjoy the dual-flush system. You can flush with either 0.8 GPF with one button, or clean thoroughly with 1.28 GPF. That will be enough to get rid of all the waste with one push.
Considering how comfortable it is to use, how effortless it is to clean, and how effective it is at flushing – this model will surely surpass your expectations.
- Sleek hidden trap-way for an enticing look
- Entirely easy to clean from bowl to seat
- Efficient & practical dual-flush capacity
- Comfortable elongated bowl
- Soft-closing lid with unique detachable hinges
- Glossy white looks superb
6. KOHLER K-4026-0 Karing Skirted Elongated Toilet
A Kohler skirted toilet is always worth considering – especially when it is the Karing model. Combining the style & uniqueness of a concealed trap-way with the practicality of an automatic toilet – the K-4026-0 Karing is a superb model you don’t want to dismiss.
This is an intelligent toilet that flushes automatically once you stand up. At the same time, it has a motion-activated lid and seat, so you don’t need to touch the toilet at all.
At the same time, it comes with a self-rising bidet want. It is not only a hygienic way to use the bathroom, but also a way more convenient way to clean yourself after using.
There’s also a nightlight functionality that helps you aim and sit in dark places. And it still manages to come with an elongated bowl so you can sit even more comfortably and do your stuff with ease.
The toilet still boasts a one-piece design with a tank-less function. You won’t have to battle against space when installing this toilet.
Similarly, you can enjoy an effective flush every time with the 1.28 GPF Power Lite system. Along with a carbon filter and a precision air dryer, you can enjoy maximum convenience when using this toilet.
To make it even better, you get an easy-to-use touchscreen that mounts on the wall. That’s enough to operate the toilet from far away without getting your hands dirty.
When it comes to exceptional results, few models will match the Kohler Karing skirted toilet.
- Unbeatable automatic Power Lite flush system
- Next-level bidet & self-cleansing feature
- Outstanding deodorizer & self-drying functions
- Fantastic motion-activated lid & seat
- Intuitive touchscreen for remote operation
- Stylish & space-saving tank-less design
7. TOTO MS446124CEMG Aquia IV WASHLET Elongated Toilet
After taking a look at the previous toilet, you may think there’s nothing to match it. But there is – the Toto Aquia IV is a perfect competitor that costs a fourth and still offers an excellent experience. Toto toilets are also a great toilets to consider for home or office.
The first thing to notice is the elongated bowl, making it comfy & easy to clean when necessary. Alongside the unique bowl design it offers, you can enjoy the quietest yet most effective flush for Toto toilets out there.
This goes well with the dual-flush system, offering either 0.8 GPF or 1.28 GPF depending on your needs. And with the Dynamax Tornado Flush, you can enjoy an even cleaner flush every time – perfect to get rid of all the waste and clean the bowl in the process.
You will still get a Cefiontect ceramic glaze that keeps the entire surface free of mold, stains, or debris. Every time you flush, this finish ensures nothing gets stuck behind on the bowl.
And sure enough, you still get a comfortable bowl shape, so anyone can sit for long without a pinch of discomfort. Include the soft-close seat, and you get a top-notch product overall – a toilet you don’t want to overlook.
- Super-practical two-piece design
- Fantastic bowl shape for comfort
- Efficient dual-flush system
- Unique bowl design for an effective flush
- Performance-oriented Dynamax Tornado Flush
- Cefiontect ceramic glaze keeps the toilet clean
8. WinZo WZ5024 Elongated One-Piece Toilet
If we had to pick the best one piece skirted toilet, we wouldn’t think twice before choosing the WinZo Wz5024. And it’s all because of its small and convenient design, perfect for compact bathrooms.
The first thing you’ll notice at first sight is the elongated bowl. This seat is perfect for people who struggle with small rounded seats. At the same time, it comes with a comfort height feature, so sitting down feels even easier – especially useful for old people and those with back issues.
Another exciting feature is the excellent skirted design. You won’t have to see the trapway of the piece, which makes cleaning a piece of cake. And when you add the DuraBlend porcelain, then you get a totally stain-free experience from the first use to the last.
All of that wouldn’t be so useful if the flush power wasn’t so great. The ability to flush at 1.28 GPF without leaving a single pinch of waste behind is outstanding. Thanks to the 3-inches flush valve, you can enjoy a highly efficient flush in every use.
Lastly, you can enjoy the slow-closing toilet seat and lid. Even if you let the piece close by itself, it won’t make the awful sound – it will instead close softly and quietly.
- High-quality DuraBlend porcelain finish
- Small & space-efficient design
- Large flush-valve for potent & efficient flush
- Comfort height system makes it easy to sit
- Comfy elongated bowl design
- Slow-closing lid & seat make it quieter
What to look for While Buying a Skirted Toilet?
After looking at the best skirted toilets, then you’re ready to tackle our buying guide. Here, we’re going to teach you how to buy the perfect concealed WC for your bathroom – so pay attention:
Number of Pieces
First of all, consider whether you want a one-piece model or a two-piece model.
A one-piece toilet is, like the name says, only one piece. This is ideal for places that need to save some space and can’t handle the installation of a two model piece. However, they are expensive and usually hard to fix when necessary.
In contrast, two-piece toilets tend to be more affordable. But they’re a little harder to install, especially in small spaces. Similarly, they are super-hard to clean. It’s all worth it, however, when you consider how easy they are to repair when required.
We recommend one-piece models if you can afford them and have a small bathroom with a sleek style. Otherwise, you can always go for a cheap and easy-to-fix two-piece toilet.
Seat & Flush Noise
Considering the number of pieces is not enough unless you have a proper noise level in the toilet.
That’s why we always recommend quiet flushing & soft-closing seats.
For the flushing, you should consider fully-glazed trap-ways. They come with a smooth design that prevents the usual flush noise from getting out of the toilet.
As for seats, you should consider soft-closing lids with unique hinge systems that keep the lid & seat from falling too fast. That will be enough to get a quiet toilet, which you probably want.
Flush Power & Efficiency
Even though a quiet flush is super convenient, nothing compares to a potent one. If you want to get rid of all the waste, then a powerful flush is essential – so we recommend toilets that offer at least 1.28 GPF (gallons per flush).
But you may also find them as single-flush or dual-flush systems. A dual-flush toilet can reach up to 1.6 GPF as long as you push its two buttons. In case you don’t need to flush that powerfully, pushing only one of the buttons will suffice.
Remember, however, that the flush can be only 1.28 GPF but still provide an effective siphon action. That will be enough to get rid of waste without using much water – making the toilet more efficient.
Bowl Shape & Size
The shape of the toilet will also matter – especially if you care about looks.
We recommend elongated ones for their stylish design. Yet, they occupy more space and usually use more water per flush. A round bowl wouldn’t be a wrong choice, either. They’re just less comfy and generally harder to clean.
Coatings or Finishes
The porcelain of a toilet doesn’t have to be only porcelain. That’s why coatings or finishes to prevent stains, build-up, or debris from sticking to the surface are also worth considering. These finishes make the toilet easy to clean and ensure a more hygienic experience.
At the same time, these unique finishes provide a smoother and shinier look. If you want a product that looks more stylish, then you’ll want something with these finishes or coatings.
Colors & Designs
A fully skirted toilet does not have to be simple-looking, though. You can always get models that fit with any kind of decoration – whether they offer a modern or classical design.
A sleek-looking toilet with sharp angles would be perfect for a modern bathroom. But a round bowl would fit any classic or standard toilet.
At the same time, don’t forget about the color. You don’t have to pick a white toilet if you don’t want to. There’s always a black or grey toilet you can choose to match your bathroom decoration.
To finish your skirted toilet education, then you can start considering automatic features. These are all those features that will make the toilet way more convenient, easier to use, and more expensive.
Features like front or rear wash, warm water, night lights, auto-flushing, auto deodorizers, auto-closing & opening, heated seats, and auto-cleaning – they’re all worth considering.
If you find a toilet with any of these features and can afford it – then don’t hesitate. You won’t be disappointed.
How to Install Skirted Toilets
Installing a skirted trapway toilet may seem like a piece of cake – but it’s not. Unless you’re an experienced plumber or homeowner, then you’ll probably suffer installing the toilet by yourself.
But don’t worry – we’re here to help you out. Just follow the guide below, and you should be ready to install a concealed WC with ease.
Tools You’ll Need:
- Gauntlets / Latex Gloves
- Flat Screwdriver
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Putty Knife
- Water Supply Line
- Adjustable Wrench
- Socket Set
- Tape Measure
- A New Toilet Seal Ring
- A New Wax Ring (optional)
The wax ring is optional only if the toilet seal is not available for the specific toilet you’re installing. Otherwise, go for a toilet seal every time.
Step-By-Step Guide to Install a Skirted Toilet:
We wanted to make the whole installation process a piece of cake, so we’re showing you every step with details. Make sure to read this guide entirely before starting anything. Get familiar with all the pieces first. Then start setting up the toilet.
Here’s how you should do this:
- First of all, put on the gauntlets/gloves before starting. If they’re grip-oriented gloves so you can grab the porcelain with more ease – then that’s even better.
- Start by removing the old toilet. If there’s no toilet to remove, then you may need to get rid of the old wax or toilet seal with the putty knife.
- Now grab the new rubber seal or wax ring and place it on the toilet flange. Make sure it fits tightly – use bolts and/or screws as necessary.
- Then proceed to place the toilet trap-way over the seal or wax ring. If there are any mounting brackets to secure, tighten them up. But be careful – tightening too far could damage the porcelain or the floor – so don’t go too far.
- If you need to install pivot mounts, then do it now. Then place the whole toilet over the plastic trap-way or toilet flange and tighten up. Everything should line up perfectly to prevent an unbalanced toilet.
- Proceed to insert screw bushings. Secure with bolts or screws as necessary. If the screws/bolts don’t go directly down into the bushings, then you may need to adjust the toilet. Otherwise, you may need to get new ones (most screws/bolts come with the toilet).
- Now you have the toilet attached to the floor. It is time to cover the bolts and the screws with caps (they are also provided by the toilet manufacturer). If you don’t have any, then don’t stress about it.
- Continue by connecting the water supply to the toilet valve. This valve is usually located in the back of the toilet or on top of the tank somewhere. Look for it (read the instructions) and set it up as required.
- Finish by screwing the toilet seat & lid on the bowl. Let the tank fill with water after opening the water delivery. And test the toilet to see if it works. The piece should be working correctly, flushing without leaks, and should sit comfortably on the floor without any type of unbalance.
Now you’re ready to enjoy the toilet for years. Depending on what you get, you can get up to several decades with the same toilet.
As you can see, picking the best skirted toilet won’t be as easy as it seems. But if you follow our advice, recommendations, and learn everything you can before choosing – then you’ll have an easier time.
Remember, it’s not about picking the most attractive or efficient toilet – but getting the one that best matches your demands. And with so many excellent choices to go for – you should be careful of not rushing so you can make the best decision possible.
Overall, however, there’s no mistake with any of the models in this list. We’re sure that whatever you pick – you won’t be disappointed. So don’t waste any of your time and pick one. You won’t regret it.