Technology is making lives easy all around, and if you are yet to utilize the numerous opportunities, you haven't realized what you are missing. I mean, what can be stopping you from using the best long arm quilting machine to enjoy a fast and stress-free quilting experience?
Don't tell me you are still hand-quilting at this age when you can pick the best long arm quilting machine and produce awesome results.
Do you know!
It doesn't matter whether you are a first-timer in quilting or you are already a pro. For you to deliver impressive results to your clients, there must be a quality quilting machine around you. Yes! You must work with the best long arm quilting machine to satisfy your clients.
There are five powerful brands which we have taken time to investigate as the best of them all. Don't fail to check and make a choice.
- 1,500 Stitches per minute max sewing speed: Maximum stitching of up to 1,500 stitches per minute allows you to sew and quilt more in less time
- Advanced needle threading system: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- Included accessories: The PQ1500SL longarm sewing and quilting machine comes with a wide table, 7 sewing feet, knee-lifter, instruction manual and more. The removable knee-lifter enables you to lift your presser foot with your knee, leaving both hands free for fabric handling
- Precision pin feeding system: It's so easy to sew a wide variety of fabric thicknesses thanks to Brother's Pin Feed system for precision fabric feeding
- At your side support: The PQ1500SL quilting and sewing machine comes with Brother At your side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
- Updated with LED lights and one pedal operation
- 1500 SPM for quilting apparel and home décor
- Automatic needle threader
- Aluminum die cast arm and bed for low vibration operation
- Extension table included for wide work area
What is a Long Arm Quilting Machine?
You are probably wondering why we are making too much fuss over long arm quilting machine. The truth is that this machine is a special machine manufactured for long arm quilting. A quilting machine has fabric rollers, a metal frame, a head like that of a sewing machine and a worktable.
A long arm quilting machine will load the top, the batting and the back into its metal frame so that it can sew three layers once. The head rolls vertically and also horizontally so that it can quilt while still holding the fabric in a place.
There are manual quilting machines which you can operate by yourself, and there are the automatic quilting machines which quilt through a computer.
Best Long Arm Quilting Machine reviews in 2020
1. Grace Q'nique Long Arm Quilting Machine
If you want the best money saving and effective long arm quilting machine that is available for you to use, the Grace Q ‘nique quilting machine is for you. It has specific features like advanced settings of the control system, stitch regulation, the throat space extension and an increase in the stitch speed which is peculiar to only this product.
With this particular long arm quilting machine, you can comfortably and conveniently sew bigger patterns all thanks to the 14+ inch throat. The design also includes a larger blocks throat space that ensures less cluster and a stress-free work area.
The handle of this quilting machine has a comfortable grip and feel. To provide the user with a stress-free control over the machine's sewing activities, convenient and easy access buttons are built-in.
The entire body construction of the Grace Q ‘nique long arm quilting machine is beautifully crafted and fine-tuned to produce up to 1,800 stitches in a minute. This calls for faster quilting session and quick output with less time wastage.
This brand of quilting machine also has an OLED screen that displays the machines easy to access the menu. Inclusive in the menu are four specific sewing models that have Motorized Bobbin Winder.
This Motorized Bobbin Winder is capable of handling the quilting machine for a longer period of times. There is also the presence of the several accessory ports which enables you to connect the sewing machine addable.
It also has integrated LED lights which provides the user with illumination needed for the work area.
- It comes with a 14 + inch throat that enables you to sew bigger blocks and patterns.
- There is also the grip handle that is comfortable to hold.
- Provided for your convenience are fast-access buttons that you can easily use to control the sewing functions.
- The body had beautiful crafting and fine-tuned to produce up to 1,800 stitches in just one minute.
2. Grace Q ‘nique Long Arm Quilting Machine with SR2 Frame
Grace long arm quilting machine is the one that can transport your quilting skills to the next level. It has a specific 15-inch throat space which provides you with the freedom to produce larger block and quilt patterns.
There is also a stitch regulation which is built-in to this particular long arm quilting machine to enhance its performance.
This brand makes use of encoders of high regulation that enables the length of your stitches to be consistent even as your stitching speed fluctuates from up to down.
The Grace Q'nique Long Arm Quilting Machine with SR2 Frame comes with a precise stitch mode that enables stitches for every inch of the cruise mode. There is also the presence of a colorful OLED screen that displays the entire menu and settings.
You can easily access all the quilting functions by the six handle control buttons of this machine. The stitch speed of this particular quilter reaches up to 1800 stitches in a minute.
This machine has four different precise stitch modes that enable stitches every inch of the cruise mode. It also makes room for the operator to set the lowest speed limit which will be consistent even if the control is released.
You will have the option of choosing the kind of stitching mode you want either long, short or medium basting stitches with the help of the Baste mode.
With the manual mode of this long arm quilting machine, you can have the total control of the stitching speed also access the bobbin in a greater size with the Dual thread towers.
- It comes with a 15-inch throat space for larger quilting patterns.
- An electronic front display handles
- High-resolution Encoders power cables
- Ten 3m needles class bobbins
- An oil wrench screwdriver
- A color OLED screen display unit
- Fast Access buttons for easy control
- Stitch precise mode for consistent stitches per cruise mode
- The current steel quilting frame from the manufacturer.
- It has a baste mode
3. Juki TL-2010Q 9" Longarm Machine, Grace SR-2+ Quilting Frame, SureStitch Regulator
The Juki long arm quilting machine is a multiple purpose machine that you can use to decorate your home décor, design your apparel, quilt and carry out other tailoring functions.
It even comes with a bonus of the metal frame for its quilting activities which is peculiar to the SR2 quilter. This metal frame feature of this specific product enables it to provide you with the highest quilting experience that you have ever had.
Another bonus feature that comes with this long arm quilter is the dual function regulator stitch that is peculiar only to the Grace SureStitch.
It serves dual purposes since you can use it to control the consistent stitch speed and regulate the stitch also. Another bonus item is the QuiltCad software which allows you to print your customized pantographs, borders and blocks with your personal computer.
You can successfully create unique and standard designs on your quilt all thanks to the Pattern perfect that is another special feature of this machine. Also included with the packaging of this quilting machine are 20 free steel "L" bobbins, 100 organ needles which are of the highest quality for your sewing machines in your home.
The quilting frame is made from metal which makes it durable and provides you with the optimal quilting experience. It even has an upgraded carriage system that is completely a dual-wheel design to improve the motion, stitch quality and accuracy.
- It can provide unique patterns on your quilt even with the repeat and combine ways of the pattern.
- There is a SureStitch which serves as both speed regulator and consistent speed control.
- This product works with the QuiltCad software which allows you to print your custom-sized projects with your home computer.
- You will also get the latest SR2 metal frame that will ensure that you have the optimal quilting experience.
- It is portable and comes with an automatic thread trimmer to serve multiple purposes like home décor design, quilting, and tailoring apparel.
4. Juki TL-2200QVP-S Sit Down Long Arm Sewing Machine
This specific quilting machine has a distinctive design to suit the work output of the user. It can evolve into a long arm quilting machine if you wish it. The throat design is 18 x 10 inches with a simple frame that can allow you to move the device about rather than the material.
Immediately you learn from the instruction manual of how to pull your thread through the tension discs of this particular quilting machine; you can use it to create beautiful designs.
The Juki TL-2200QVP-S Sit down Long Arm Sewing Machine is the perfect heavy duty quilting machine. With this product, you are provided with many leaf table options. You have the option to adjust your table to 50 inches in width.
There is also the presence of an automatic under the bed thread trimmer with foot control. It features a unique design of laser point guide, big M bobbins, built-in basting, direct drive motor, auxiliary hand wheel and limited dry-head oiling.
You can also put this quilting machine on a frame to stand it up.
- It comes with the exclusive design thread trimmer
- The width is 35 inches
- If you secure this particular quilting machine, you are acquiring a table together with a stand.
- Also inclusive is also a foot control.
- The height can be adjusted from 30 inches to 34 inches.
- It weighs 150 pounds with the dimensions of 33 x 23 x 11 inches respectively.
5. Brother PQ1500SL High-Speed Quilting and Sewing Machine
Anytime you want to combat your fabric challenges; the Brother PQ1500Sl is your best option. It is not only that; it is the best quilting machine to use for your large-scale productions and be sure of a successful outcome.
Even though this quilter is a high-speed machine, the stitching maintains its straightness and can create up to 1,500 stitches in a minute.
You can use the four feed dog controls unit to provide the highest control of the fabric and use the knee bed and lifter extension table for your quilting sessions.
There is also the existence of pin feed system which you can conveniently adjust. To provide the user with a time-saving device, an F.A.S.T automatic needle threader, and an adjustable complete range foot pressure are amongst the features of this quilting machine.
Also included for your convenience are a sewing foot for a straight stitch, sewing notions, rolled hem foot, owner guiding manual, adjustable zipper foot, foot control, invincible zipper foot, a power cord, quarter inch foot, a walking foot, seam guide, and spring action quilting foot.
- There is a limited 25-year warranty provision
- It is 15 inches in height by 11.8 inches in width and 25.2 inches D with the total weight of 34.8lbs respectively.
- Also inclusive is a 12 x 18 inches table for extension
- It can sew up to 1500 stitches in a minute
- There is a dog control drop feed which is retractable
- It comes with an automatic built-in needle threader
- There are also thread trimmers with an electric push-buttons.
- You will also get knee lever to press the foot lift and needle positioned.
Buying A Long Arm Quilting Machine: what to consider?
In the market, many long arm quilting machine brands are competing, and unless you know the things to check, you pick a machine that will not suit your needs. Now, before choosing a quilting machine, consider the following things about it:
- Stitch Regulator
Before deciding on a long arm quilting machine to buy, check out the stitch regulator. The design of the regulator should be high quality so that you can be sure of quick service whenever it is necessary.
You need a reliable stitch regulator to be sure of consistent stitches. Apart from consistency, a good stitch regulator will help you to work faster and easier especially if you are new to quilting.
- The speed of the machine
If your machine is fast, you are sure to finish your work in lesser time. Before selecting any brand, check the speed adjustment features to make sure that you can adjust the machine as you require any time.
- The model of the quilting machine
There are two formats you can expect in a long-arm quilting machine. Some brands are sit-down machines while there are some brands designed for standing.
The sit-down kind of quilting machine is the one you will place on a table while sitting on the chair. The machine will stay in a place as you will be moving the quilt around the top.
These sit-down models are cheaper and suitable for those who have leg or back pains. The other model for standing use requires a stand where you will mount them. These high stands have rollers, and with these rollers, you can set up your quilt.
If you are going to be producing a large quilt, your best choice will be a standing model.
Before the decision to pick either a sit-down or standing model of long-arm quilting machine, consider the space you have. Don't forget that you need enough room to work and there is a brand that you can pick and sacrifice your space.
If you desire a good working space, go standing long-arm quilting so that you can spread your quilts out. But if you are comfortable working on a tabletop, spend less and buy a sit-down model of quilting machine.
- Computerized or Manual
If you want to spend a little higher for something that will be fast, efficient and stress-free, pick a computerized machine. But if you can handle some of the basics like maintaining the length of your stitches manually, go for the manual quilting machine.
A computerized brand is great for efficiency and stitches consistency while a manual quilting machine will save money for you since they are not too pricey. Choose the one that will meet your needs.
- Ease of use
Check out the brand that will be easy for you. Ensure that the brand you must take has a one-touch system for the control. This will make it easy to control your machine as you work. Don't forget to check the maintenance requirements of the brand before you pick so that at least, you can know how to handle your machine and use it for a long time.
Now that you know what you must consider before making a choice check out our five long arm quilting machine reviews and make a choice.
If you want to be successful in your quilting business, you must invest in the best machine out there for good results. Now that you have read our long arm quilting machine reviews, we are hoping that you will make an informed choice today.
Don't drag yourself back with low-quality quilting machines from brands that don't suit your needs. If you can spare extra dollars, go for the automatic long-arm quilting machine and a standing quilting machine model, but if your budget is a bit lower, get a manual quilting machine and make your skills to stand out in the industry.
The simple truth is that you need the best quality out there so that you can offer a high-quality service.